Users will benefit from the new Access Control.
At bauma, Munich, for visitors to the Terex stand n° FM.711, this year's show will also be the opportunity to learn more about the new Genie® Lift Connect™ telematics programme. Available in the Europe and selected Middle East countries in Q2 2019, this new telematics solution is provided as a standard feature with a 3-year subscription on all new machine purchases for Genie GS™ scissor lifts, Z®- and S®-boom lifts and GTH™ telehandlers. Telematics hardware and a 3-year subscription for Genie GR™ and QS™ vertical masts, TZ™ trailer-mounted booms, as well as for Terex® and Genie branded light towers can be purchased as an option. The subscription includes the ability to consume the data through the Genie Lift Connect portal and/or the standard ISO API (ISO15143-3). Aftermarket kits will be available soon after launch. These kits can be installed on Genie units equipped with a telematics-ready connector, which includes units dating back to 2015.
Genie® Lift Connect users will benefit from the new Access Control keypad. This feature will allow users to programme codes and operator ID cards preventing unauthorized machine use. The Access Control offering will be available to customers as an aftermarket option in early Q4 and as a factory fit option in 2020.
"Focusing on providing actionable information, flexibility and transparency, the new Genie Lift Connect programme marks a significant evolution in the Genie telematics journey, as well as the capabilities of this technology as a whole," says Christine Zeznick, Genie Director, Product and Business Development, Telematics Terex AWP. She continues: "As such, Lift Connect is designed to provide customers the ability to share more information than other offerings available in the industry — no matter what the size of their aerial equipment fleet. And with the Access Control Keypad feature, customers also have the option of accessing all this data, with personal data protection, at anytime from any place."
Lift Connect focuses on providing information and insights that allow rental fleet and service managers to take action through a variety of tools, including:
• Access dashboards and reporting to quickly identify what should be worked on first
• Easily view entire fleet
• Create/set filters to easily view important information
• Easily identify alerts and their priority
• See what is due for maintenance at a glance
• Create attributes and filter by those (example: Options)
• Ability to export to excel, if required
• Set geo-zones and related alerts to better track usage
• Near real-time reporting, including on machine status, faults and utilization
Fleet managers can utilize the Genie Lift Connect programme to:
• View all assets on the map, including colour coding to see which machines have alerts and the ability to drill in to clusters to view individual assets
• Leverage fleet reporting and analytics
• Search directly for individual asset numbers or models
• Leverage reports to understand utilization of equipment and provide greater insights to rental customers
The Genie Lift Connect programme offers service managers the ability to:
• Remotely diagnose equipment, saving time and money
• Leverage Genie maintenance plans to complete service
• Easily identify parts required to complete maintenance
• View machines with upcoming maintenance for easy planning
• View alert dashboards to identify if action should be taken
The Genie Lift Connect solution provides data in two ways: Through the Genie Lift Connect portal and all of its features, or alternatively, if customers have an existing system they want to continue using, they can consume the data via a standard API. The Genie Lift Connect portal is available for desktops, as well as on mobile sites for use on tablets and smartphones.
Genie Lift Connect telematics offering provides more data than any other player in the aerial industry — accessing data from any Genie CAN bus-enabled machine, including fault codes, sensor data, fuel level, battery life and charger information.
"As time goes on, the data from the Genie Lift Connect offering will become more and more powerful. Initially, this information will be "descriptive," focusing on what's currently happening with a machine including how many hours are on a machine, where the machine physically is and if there are any fault codes on it," says Zeznick.
She adds: "Over time, Genie Lift Connect data can be leveraged on a larger scale and used for "predictive" and "prescriptive" activities, such as predicting service calls in the field and proactively prescribing maintenance and service based on how the equipment is actually being used."
Additional Subscription Details
According to Zeznick, if at the time of machine purchase customers would like to add additional years of subscription service, they can add up to an additional six years of Genie Lift Connect telematics per machine. And, customers can always extend their Genie Lift Connect telematics contract as the machine's initial 3-year term expires through the Genie aftermarket parts department.
For more information about Genie Lift Connect Telematics, visit: www.genielift.com/en-gb/support/lift-connect